Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fieldtrip

Our family LOVES apples. We especially love to visit apple orchards. Our favorite orchard is Wilson's Apple Orchard in Iowa City, IA. We have been looking for a new favorite here in Wisconsin. Last Sunday we visited Berryland Farms. It was quite a bit smaller than Wilson's with just a few varieties. Many of the apples are not ready yet. But we did find the Zelstar apple. It was crisp and sweet. We bought some, of course, about 10 lbs worth! That's not hard to do when each apple is softball size. We also brought home some plums. Yum. Hattie and Isabelle would have brought home the horses, if I'd let them!



We'll return to Berryland Farms later in the season. But we are really looking forward to a visit to Wilson's Orchard in just a few weeks!

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

3 boys, 3 girls. Aren't you guys the perfect little family!?!

We, too, really miss Wilson's. I am just glad that we spent so much time there when we had it! And the Apple Turnovers? Uncomparable!!

Ok, I don't think "uncomparable" is really a word...But I like it!