Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm Baaack

Things have been pretty quiet here in Wisconsin. Temperatures have kept us inside. School has kept us busy. And contractors in and out of the house to finish up the kitchen have kept me away from the computer. The kitchen is finally in the last stages. I never knew how many 'little things' there were at the end of a project. Everything looks great and I will post a virtual tour just as soon as I take some video and learn how to upload it. Hmmmm...on second thought I might just post some pics.

Here are some random pictures of Tess. She was sitting in our new highchair (can you believe I finally broke down? Who can say 'no' when it's free? Thanks Sarah!) She grabbed the entire coffee carafe and started guzzling. Yep, she's a Hogan!



A few weeks ago our friend Kristen from Iowa City came up for a visit. We always love it when she's here. Not only does she bring pounds and pounds of coffee, but she also does her fair share of the cooking! Love that. And let me tell you, this woman can cook! She made Tom and me an overloaded omlet on Sunday morning. Yep, our guest slaved away as we read the paper and sat by the fire. Could she be a bigger blessing? Yes, Shelly you do see a Diet Coke on the counter. I'll buy some for you, too. Just let me know when you'll be here ;)



Not much going on since then. Just a whole lotta nuttin'. But the kids always find something to do. This morning I snapped a picture of their headstand contest. Good call on the pillows. The wood floors can be pretty hard. If this cold weather lasts much longer, the kids might have flat heads by spring!

3 comments:

David Goeddertz said...

Hey you kids,
Better not do that too long you will barf! Don't want you to get flat heads either.
Love ya, Grandma Mary

Football and Fried Rice said...

Hey, missed you!! Your kitchen is looking amazing! I am so happy you are getting your dream kitchen!! I wish I had someone in mine cooking ;)

Andy Magness said...

Nope - you won't get flat heads. But what it WILL do is enhance several systems of the body, most notably the endocrine, nervous, respiratory and lymphatic system. Plus, headstand does something that no other exercise will do directly, which is enhance the fresh blood flow to the brain and leave the practitioner feeling refreshed and alert. One caution - when the neck is not strong enough for this exercise it will overcompensate and get sore for a few days. Have fun, kids!
love, Aunt Tammy