The language of resolutions is interesting. My new year's resolution. This year I plan...fill in the blank. It's all about me. My plans. Things I want to change about me.
Philippians 1:6 "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion"It isn't about what I think needs changing. It isn't about my plans. The changes have to begin with the Lord.
Jeremiah 29:15 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."It is also interesting to note that when I looked up the word resolution in the dictionary the synonym given was courage. Courage and resolve the same? Hmmm....I wonder what the Bible has to say about that. I did a keyword search of the Bible and found that many times when the word courage is used the words "for the Lord is with you" follow. God's plan. God is with me.
Well, what exactly does courage mean? A quick look in Merriam Webster read: "mental or moral strength to resist opposition, danger, or hardship. Courage implies firmness of mind and will in the face of danger".
Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world. But be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
John 16:33 In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
So there it is. God's plan. He will complete it. He will never leave me. It won't be easy, but He has already won the war! Yea, God.
But where does that leave me? Surely, there must be something I can do. What is my role in this?
John 15:15 I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.




6 comments:
Some have said that they have trouble commenting on this blog. So I am trying it out myself.
Cindy
PREACH it sister!! Thanks for this reminder and encouragement!
It is a wonderful thing to have faith. It is also wonderful to know that this faith will bring courage and resolution to your life, allowing you to face each day with joy, comfort and serenity in His plan for you. But you must also do your part, which is to have the courage and resolve that allows you to have faith. It is no easy thing, this faith. For is demands the most difficult task for a human being - to believe in your heart and your soul instead of with your eyes, ears and other senses. I'm glad that you have found the courage and the resolve to place your life in your faith. Congratulations on your strength.
Hey YogaSlackers! Great to see you on the blog. Thanks for the thought-provoking comment. It's true that we do have some responsibility in the choices that we make, but what is crazy cool is that even the desire to make the 'right' choice comes from the Lord. He is ALL things good and apart from him we can do NOTHING.
Yay! for you! YaY for God!! I gave up on "resolutions" a few years ago. When I decided to only resolve to know Christ more at the end of the year than I did at the beginning. To know Him more, to love Him more, to share Him more.....
Who are the yogaslackers? I love their name! LOL!!
Cindy, Thank you for the comments on your blog concerning "New Year" resolutions. I have made mine for the year and so far I am doing well but its only been 18 days into the new year. Love you lots, Mom Goeddertz
Post a Comment