Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hidden Springs Pond

There is a limited amount of time each summer that we are able to swim in the pond. Hidden Springs Pond is in our backyard and is about 12 acres with a maximum depth of 18'. We have a dock that is home to the pedal boat. This time of year is great. The pond is warm and not yet overgrown with weeds and algae. In about 2 weeks there will be a nice layer of scum covering every inch. Not very inviting. So we have to take advantage while we can. We invited some friends over for the "Grand Opening". They had a blast!




2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Hey girl,

I just got caught up on your blog and your summer so far!! first of all - Your middle daughter is NOT a little girl anymore!! What's up? And Hattie is really beautiful. Sigh. And YOU? What a hottie with that pixie. Really - short hair looks so GOOD on you!! And what a good cause :) I hope to see you some time this summer???? Any suggestions?

Love you,
sara

Davy said...

Hey Cin,
Love the pond blog update! When I get there this Sept. I will act like a carp and clean up an area for us to enjoy, :0 Davy