Tuesday, December 22, 2009

No Winter Break for Homeschoolers

The Hogan Homeschool is open for winter break. Now don't go feeling sorry for the kids. Remember that they had 2 weeks off for an amazing trip out east in October. And we really aren't going overboard with school over Christmas. We are trying to make things educational AND fun.

Isabelle and Michael are studying ancient civillizations, the Egyptians in particular. Our latest activity was to make a salt dough map of the region then paint and label it.


We had some leftover dough so everyone was able to make a new ornament for the tree. Good thing because Mr. Misty the cat has been playing with the ornaments from Christmases past and has broken several.





We were also able to make some real cookies out of leftover gingerbread. See, schooling over the holidays isn't sooo bad.


3 comments:

Prachar family said...

wow, that is impressive! I got a geography lesson myself! Looks like school is lots of fun!

Football and Fried Rice said...

You are hardcore!! I love what you did with the leftover dough - you are so resourceful. I have been thinking of you often. I am reading the book "Crazy Love" and when I think of what it looks like to actually be lived out - I always think of you. Somehow you have always had it right :)

merry Christmas, friend!

LOVE,
Sara

Becky said...

You never cease to amaze me Cindy! Love the new ornaments and wish we could be there to share some holiday treats and egg nog!