It was just a little less than a year ago that we brought Teddy and Trevor into our home. They are two 75 lb bundles of joy, with endless love and affection. They are the biggest lap dogs I've ever known and really just want to be with the family at all times. Unfortunately, they have been suffering with severe hip dysplasia since September. At first the pain medication and glucosamine supplements did the trick. But little by little the disease has gotten worse. I am certain that the cold weather and their aging hasn't helped.
Today we will take them to the vet to be put down. It's a sad, sad, day. The pups are not miserable. But should they have to be? We would rather that their last days be filled with running and playing than suffering. We know the disease will only get worse with time. Right now they are having trouble walking at night. Trevor doesn't even use his fourth leg anymore. And just recently he began refusing to walk up the stairs to our room. We don't want the kids to see them at their worst either. Although it is difficult, we really feel that it is the best for everyone.
Goodbye, Boys.




4 comments:
Oh Cindy, I am SO sorry! It is so hard to lose a precious pet, but 2 at the same time must be even more heart-breaking. It is so hard to make that difficult decision but I'm sure you're doing the right thing. The pups should not have to suffer. It's a blessing that they've had a wonderful home and lots of love! Hang in there!
I am so sorry Cindy! They are such sweet dogs and it seems as though they have brought such joy to your lives! I pray you are lifted up while you are missing your boys.
So sorry Hogan family :o(
Praying for each of you as you process this loss of family members. We love you all!
I read this a few days ago but couldn't comment (I was out of town reading it on my phone!) I was so sad for your whole family. I am sorry..
Post a Comment