Friday, July 2, 2010

Catching Up

Here are a few pics of life in God's Country. Enjoy!

After studying the middle ages we held a medeival feast. The kids dressed up as knights and princesses.


They helped cook the meal which consisted of roast chicken, sausauge with spiced apples, bread pudding, and hot cross buns. The best part was that they didn't have utensils and had to eat with their hands.


We finished up our school year in the middle of May. Halleluah! That meant that we were able to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. Here is Michael with the first fish of the season.


Here is Thomas with the second.


Shawn brought her adorable twin boys and the rest of the gang to visit over Memorial Day weekend. We had a blast! Lots of food, lots of activity and lots of fun!


Altogether there were 16 kids in the house! If Shawn can make this trip from ND all by herself, why haven't I seen the rest of YOU?!!!


We adopted Miss Maisy on June 5th. We had been looking for a pup for quite some time and decided on this little gal. We aren't sure what mix she is, but she is sure adorable. So far, so good.




Can you believe I don't have a single picture of Hattie's 14th birthday? Crazy.

Mid June found us at the annual Chippewa Trail Triathlon. This was our family's eighth year of participation. Of course I have never actually participated other than specatator/cheerleader/childcare. But Thomas and Avery worked together to complete the 7.5mi run/bike on team Go Dakota. Avery rode along Thomas to help keep him going. They finished in about 53 min.





After the race we headed back to the resort for fishing, resting, and roasting marshmallows.



We were able to spend a few days at Cielito Mio after the race. Papa and Nana were able to join us there on Monday. It was wonderful to see them again. Papa Dave treated us to a nice ride on the pontoon.




Hattie and Nana. Notice Hattie's new do and braces!


Hattie and Isabelle continue to keep busy with the 4-H Horseless Horse Program. Their instructor, Miss Bonnie, was kind enought to treat the little ones to a ride.





3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

your husband is still a Dolphins fan? wow. after all he's been through :-)

Okay - loved the update - and you are RIGHT - is your girlfriend can come with her small tribe - the rest of us should be able to!! What are the hours of operation on the ranch?

and mmm..the roasted chicken looked yumm-O. And Thomas looked thrilled to be dressing up ;)

While I love the new addition to your family, I TOLD you I have a little cock-a-poo here - already spayed and shots up to date. Cute as can be.....let me know is Maisy gets lonely.....

David Goeddertz said...

Good pictures of activities by the Hogan's...a busy family! I keep saying it but mom and I just have to find time to come to Wausau for a visit. I am wanting to see all the remodeling you have done to your house.

Prachar family said...

Loved catching up! So good to see everyone's faces! What fun the feast sounded like! Glad to hear of your new addition too. Are you doing a triathlon soon??? I am stressing for you, get out there and train! I am freaking about my next one because I haven't run, swam or biked this entire week. Started a new class called "Isanity"...its CRAZY!!! I am supposed to be all buff in 10 weeks...