My daughter, Isabelle, is a prayer warrior. Her heart is tender for the world. She is often the one who reminds us to pray for others. Embarassing, but true. Isabelle also loves to bake, a love that she shares with Kristen. This summer out of the blue Isabelle received a booklet from Frontiers describing the priority unengaged people groups. This booklet was accompanied by a note, a challenge really. Kristen has given Isabelle a mission: to bake cookies representing each people group and pray for them as she bakes. Sooooo cool.
Isabelle chose the Rashaida people group. Reading about them in her booklet she learned that they are a nomadic people of the Sudan who live primarily in tents. Isabelle decided to make chocolate thumbprints in honor of the Rashaida. She thought to substitute a Hershey's Kiss for the melted chocolate so that the cookie would resemble a tent in the desert.
Kristen was able to join her in baking and praying as she is spending a week with us. Yes! (You all know that if Kristen weren't here this project would have never gotten off the ground. Praise the Lord for Kristen!!!) If you would like to join us in the Unegaged Cookie Project go to http://www.frontiersusa.org/site/PageNavigator/about/about_unengaged_south_asia and get started baking!




3 comments:
I want a cookie! Papa
This is such a cool idea to ME and this is why:
I think people often speak the same or similar truths but the essence is lost in translation. In my most recent yogic studies I've been introduced to and practicing the idea of tone and intent. For example, if I have pure intentions at heart and hold compassion in my classes, then it doesn't matter what sequence I practice or teach. The lesson and message will be clear and unmistakable. I've witnessed this time and again.
It is a similar, if not the same, idea when you are baking in this way. The loving and compassionate intent present while baking nurishes the giver and the receiver, far beyond that of a simple cookie.
In unity,
Tammy
Wow, I love what has been laid on her heart already. He is so faithful! What an example for us all!
Post a Comment