Thursday, October 16, 2008

Brothers and Sisters

Brothers

L to R: Broen (6/3/08), Jesse(4/8/08), Simeon(3/30/08)
Sisters

Shawn and Michelle arrived on Thursday October 9th. I picked them up from the airport at 11:30am. We went back to our house for lunch and rest. That night we made chimichangas, guacamole, and black bean salsa for dinner. Mmmmm...good. Friday we made chicken tortilla soup and stinky salad for lunch along with more guac and salsa, of course. Then we just hung out until Tom arrived home at 2:26pm. I remember the exact time because I was eagerly awaiting his appearance so that we could get to our appointments at the spa. We had pedicures scheduled for 3pm. It was wonderful! And my toes look great! Then we headed to the hotel. We stayed in an executive suite downtown at the Jefferson Street Inn. Our room included a hot tub and fireplace, as well as two flat screen tvs and a wet bar--yeah baby! After some much needed therapy (aka sharing,praying) we ordered room service and vegged out in front of the tube. In the morning it was back to 'work'! First I took care of Simeon as Shawn headed downstairs for a quiet breakfast with the Lord. Then I drove her back to the spa for her massage, and I submerged myself in the hot tub back at the hotel. Michelle was awake when I returned and she went down to enjoy her breakfast. It was my turn next at the spa...ahhhhh. We checked out of the hotel as Michelle enjoyed her massage then picked her up and headed to my favorite place for lunch. We enjoyed soup and sandwith at "Graff's Mercantile"--a little antique shop I found shortly after I'd arrived in Wausau. After lunch we went shopping, of course. I don't know that we found anything, but that's not the point. It was just fun to be out--toghether--with only 2kids. We got back to the house around 5:30. Tom already had the baked potatoes in the oven. I quickly lit the grill and cooked the steaks. Did I mention we like to eat? Sunday was a lazy morning. That afternoon I helped load up the truck with their luggage and we left after lunch. We aimlessly browsed around "Barnes and Noble" for a couple of hours before I took them to the airport. It was sad to see them go, but boy did we have a blast! Thanks, Girls!

Much thanks to our hubbys: Tom, Scott, and Paul. Thanks for recognizing the importance of our sisterhood. Thanks for making the sacrifice of letting us go for the weekend. Thanks for taking care of the kiddos. Thanks for loving us that much.

Jesse: "Hey, do you think we should do this again next year?"

Simeon: "Yeah, but let's ditch the chicks"

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, how sweet!! Those babies are gorgeous! You sisters are pretty hot too..I am going to have to see a picture of how long your hair is - ok?? You can do that for me?

Prachar family said...

ooooh, sound like a piece of heaven on earth!
Travis