The weather here in Wisconsin is a bit cooler than Iowa to say the least. Our overnight lows have been in the teens and single digits for over a week. And daytime highs are around 35. Brrrrrrrr. The only 'good thing' about the weather is that it has given the pond a chance to freeze. And that means it's time to skate! Sunday found the whole gang at 'Play It Again Sports' trying on used skates. We were able to suit up Thomas, Michael, Isabelle, Teresa and even Dr. Hogan. Then it was back to the pond for some icy entertainment. For Michael and Thomas, it was just like riding a bike. They quickly picked up right where they left off. But Michael did find himself on his tummy a couple of times and Thomas almost did the splits! We all had a good time. And best of all there is a terrific warming house with hot chocolate waiting just on top of the hill.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Baby Its Cold Outside
The weather here in Wisconsin is a bit cooler than Iowa to say the least. Our overnight lows have been in the teens and single digits for over a week. And daytime highs are around 35. Brrrrrrrr. The only 'good thing' about the weather is that it has given the pond a chance to freeze. And that means it's time to skate! Sunday found the whole gang at 'Play It Again Sports' trying on used skates. We were able to suit up Thomas, Michael, Isabelle, Teresa and even Dr. Hogan. Then it was back to the pond for some icy entertainment. For Michael and Thomas, it was just like riding a bike. They quickly picked up right where they left off. But Michael did find himself on his tummy a couple of times and Thomas almost did the splits! We all had a good time. And best of all there is a terrific warming house with hot chocolate waiting just on top of the hill.
Posted by
Cindy and company
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Is this YOUR pond?? You guys are so blessed. I have dreams about the country & chickens ALL the time. Maybe if we move back to Iowa. I don't think the city ordinance would allow the chickens!!
Sounds like a blast! Wish we were there to test out your pond and try the delicious hot chocolate in the warming house. Maybe this winter we could make the trek??? Love you guys and miss you all
Oh. My. Goodness. Brrrrr doesn't even begin to cover it!!! My kids are insanely jealous...I am extremely thankful for our weather! Wow, doesn't seem possible!
Wonder to be able to walk out the back door of your house and go skating! And the weather, although chilly (not cold) is very agreeable for skating. Wish I was there to enjoy it with you but although I skated when I was a kid I'm not sure how good I would be at it today. The other problem is falling down now is quite different than when I was much younger. Papa.
Post a Comment