Friday, November 21, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I know I know, it hasn't even been Thanksgiving yet. But that is the whole point. Last year I received a Christmas card from Lisa M. in the mail the day after Thanksgiving! Ever since then it has been my mission to get my card out before hers. This isn't really fair seeing as she has no idea we are competing. But sometimes that is just the edge a person needs to win! So here we are the WEEK before Thanksgiving and my cards are out. Now some of you out there may be saying, "Well, yeah, out in cyberspace. But I don't see one in my mailbox, yet." That is true. And they may not make it to your door until January, or July for that matter. But the point is the pictures have been taken, the card has been designed, and the note has been written. As far as I am concerned my job is done. It is here on the blog if anyone really cares to see it. Let's face it, all the cards end up in the trash at some point. By only posting the card on the blog, I am saving the environment, not to mention my sanity!

I've also written a little song. Feel free to hum along. It is written to the tune of the Brady Bunch Theme song. C'mon you know the one!

It's the story of a little baby,
Who was sent to earth to save the world from sin.
In a stable, in the manger, with the wise men
Born of the virgin.

It's the story of a wretched sinner,
Who was busy living life all on his own.
He had money, status, success and a family
Yet, he was all alone.

'Til the one day that the sinner met the Savior.
And he knew it was absolutely true
That Jesus died on the cross for his soul
And that's the way that we can each be made brand-new
Be made brand-new.
Yes, you can, too
Call on Jesus and he can save you, too!

Merry Christmas--The Hogans

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! I actually "got it" right away!! (ooooook, so I am a liar. But you can't tell, because I am typing!)

I love the "song" you wrote. Perfect for this season of remembering that He came to save US!

Merry Christmas to you, sister!!

Becky said...

You are my hero! Getting your Christmas card done so early! Love it!!!!! I look forward to seeing it whenever it comes...if you send it out. Love the song too! You are so creative like that ;0)

Hugs from good old GF

Kristi said...

VERY creative and very cute! What a great picture and song. How fun it has been to see pics of your growing kids. I can't believe how big everyone is getting! Take care!