Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Let's Write!

Funny. Whenever I announce to my children that today is writing day I hear groans, moans, and deep sighs. They are sooooo not excited to write. I don't know why. Maybe it is because they can't think of anything to write about. But even when given a topic, to compose a paragraph or even a sentence seems like an impossible chore. Well, one thing I have found to be most helpful are daily writing prompts. I go to the website each day (or the night before if I am really on the ball) and print out the theme for the day. I hand this to the kids and request one written page on the subject. They seem to do okay with this and I think it is because they know that it is NOT graded. That's right. No editing, no rewriting, no red marks on the paper. Just write, please. And they do. Thought I would share this with those other struggling homeschool mamas out there. You are out there, aren't you?

http://www.theteacherscorner.net/daily-writing-prompts/february/index.htm

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Who struggles with home schooling? Who struggles with getting their kids to STOp & LISTEN - ever?? No, NOT ME! Uggh.

2 more great sites:

enchantedlearning.com
brainpop.com

Love ya,
me