Wow. Can't believe how time flies. It feels like we just got the puppies and it has almost been a month! Oh, who am I kidding? They've been peeing on my floors for a month now and I am wondering what drug I was taking a month ago that would put me in such a state of disillusionment that I would actually get not one, but TWO puppies! Seriously. What was I thinking? And as if 6 kids, 2 puppies, homeschool and housework weren't enough, we scheduled the new flooring to be put in the entire main floor just 10 days after we brought the pups home. Yes. It's true. We're nuts! Well, it's not just that the floors will be put in. BEFORE that could happen we had to remove the baseboards and the wainscot, not to mention move ALL the furniture. And, really, that was nothing compared to the THREE layers of wallpaper that had to be removed from the foyer! Just remembering it stresses me out. I thought I had stuffed it away in my subconscious far enough, but it all just came rushing back to the surface. UGH! Is the only way I can describe what we've been through. And, honestly, if it were not for our LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST (do I hear an Amen!) we wouldn't have made it through and neither would our marriage! I am happy to report that it all got done, and Tom and I are still together. We are, aren't we? Honey?

This is my man standing on a plank 12 feet in the air while scraping paste off the wall. See all that dark gold stuff on the back wall? That's ALL glue! If anyone out there needs tips and trick for removing wallpaper, give us a call. We've tried everything from fabric softner(doesn't work) to vinegar(smelly but effective) to Walwic (easy but expensive).
Some of you may be wondering what the kids were doing while we were working. I'd love to tell you that they were independently doing their schoolwork without bickering. Buuuut, that would be a boldfaced lie! Let me just say, TV can be a lifesaver! One day I looked throughout the house for Michael and couldn't find him anywhere. When I doublechecked his room I thought to look inside the nice tent he had made on the bed. Sure enough, there was my Cowboy.


He's actually sleeping. I didn't make him fake it for the picture.
1 comment:
Great to see you have some time to blog now! How about some pictures of the finished floor? AND - what are you going to do now that the wallpaper and glue is off of the walls?
Post a Comment