We got a piano!!!
I found this piano on craigslist for 50 bucks. A friend and I went over to check it out (she knows much more about pianos than I do). I love the carvings but it does have about 5 ivories missing and is quite scratched up. It also has a few water stains. But once I heard it, I knew it was the one. The tone is just beautiful, clear and crisp.
Only trouble was it had to be moved. And for that I called on my husband and his two unlucky friends. After working for 2 1/2 hours they finally brought the piano up a very narrow staircase, across the backyard, onto a trailer and into our driveway. Yippee!! But that was the end of it. The friends (and Tom) had had it. Or let's say their backs had had it! Tom said we would have to leave the piano on the trailer until the next day. Only problem was that rain was in the forecast. Once the kids were in bed Tom and I made an attempt at moving it. I think it moved an inch. Isabelle heard us talking outside her window and came down to help. She is our eternal optimist. We did manage to budge it a few more inches. Then Thomas came outside and finally Hattie joined us. Together we did what we thought was impossible. We moved the 600+ lb piano off the trailer, onto the porch and inside the house! Once inside Isabelle quickly and enthusiastically exclaimed "YEAH JESUS!!!"
We did a bit of damage to the new flooring in the process. There are three eight inch gouges near the door. Tom couldn't believe I wasn't more upset about this. But I said,"Now, when someone asks 'what happened to your floor' I can give a great testimony to the Lord's provision of strength." Phillipians 4:13




2 comments:
Awesome! From the picture the piano looks to be in good condition. Glad to hear it sounds good and for $50, wow. Moving a 600 lb piano though...
Not hard to tell where Isabelle gets her optimism!!! It is beautiful and for $50?!?! Great steal!
Post a Comment