It wasn't yet 7 am yesterday when Michael began pestering me to go fishing. "Mom, it's cloudy and rainy! Bass love the rain", he pleaded. Of course I said no. We hadn't even eaten breakfast let alone done any schoolwork. "After you are done with your reading," I told him. Well, Michael, like most 5yr old boys isn't into the school thing. He'd rather, well, fish. So the begging was non-stop. Finally after he threw a huge tantrum he was sent to his room for a rest. Once he woke up (1 1/2 hrs later, he wasn't tired at all!) he began again. But he still hadn't done his reading. I finally coaxed him onto the couch where I raced through a chapter of "Stuart Little". Then he was off with Tom to the dock. It was 2:30 and Tom was already home; God is good! Not more that 20 min. past when Michael burst through the door, "I got one! I got one! Come quick" We hurried to the dock where Michael proudly held up his catch. "See, Mom. They love the rain," he said with a smile.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
LOL!! I'd rather go fishing too - take me with you!
Post a Comment