
If you know me well, then you know how much I absolutely love cheesecake, blueberry cheesecake to be specific. While in the hospital with Teresa in Iowa City I think I had cheesecake at least 3 times a day. And why not? I could order whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. A dream come true. And the cheesecake was actually very good. So I indulged. While in the hospital with Jesse two years later I did the same thing. In fact, this was one of the reasons I was so excited to deliver at UIHC. Hey, a mom's gotta have somethin'. Even after Jesse came home I continued to crave blueberry cheesecake. Well, Kristen, a great friend, wasn't about to let those cravings go unsatisfied. So she made me the biggest, baddest, most wonderful homemade cheesecake I have ever had! It was amazing. The crust was cinnamony and sugary sweet and the topping was made from fresh blueberries mmmmm.... Needless to say, I still crave it today.
Since moving to Wausau I have been searching for a bakery, restaurant or gas station that serves a decadent cheesecake but until last night had not found one. The best we had done was Wal-Mart! I know. But that's what Wausau had to offer.
It's no understatement that we have been under attack since moving to Wausau. From a kitchen remodeling disaster to leaky roofs to broken bones and allergic puppies it has been quite a challenging 9 months. Well, yesterday was a horrific day. I don't really know why or what set me off. I was frustrated and angry all day at everything and everyone. I am just so tired of the unorganized, undecorated house with no furniture. I am exasperated with all of the repairs that need to be done. I am appalled at the people here who seem to take advantage of you at every opportunity and I really just miss my friends. I lost it. It was bad. And it was ugly. Fortunately the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful friend here. Sarah and her husband Eugene invited us for dinner out last night. Being in the state of mind I was in I declined the invitation. Silly. But an hour and a half later, after my sanity returned I called and asked if we could join them at the restaurant for dessert. We put the kids down for bed, put Hattie in charge and headed out the door. And would you believe what was on the dessert tray? Blueberry Cheesecake!!! And not just any blueberry cheesecake. The owner said they have a local woman who makes the desserts for them daily. Yes, Jesus Loves Me. Yes, Jesus Loves Me. Just when I thought I could take it no more. Just when I thought I was alone. Just when I wanted to cry out at the top of my lungs for His return--He was there. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that my Lord is blueberry cheesecake. But He definitely cares for each one of us. He knows us intimately. He knows how much we can handle. And he knows just how to love us. Even if that means serving us blueberry cheesecake.




3 comments:
Amen Cindy! I wish we were closer I miss you so much too! I certainly couldn't make you blueberry cheesecake, but I could whip up a batch of snicker salad and we could polish it off together! Hope today is a better day and I love that Jesus loves us with cheesecake too!
Oh, Yes! He is IN THE SMALL STUFF!! He CARES that you love blueberry cheesecake. He cares about every bad day, every leaky thing, HE CARES!! He cares for you & holds you in the palm of his hand, today & always!! And NOW - you can have blueberry cheesecake whenever you want!! I love you, sister!!!!
I thought I was the only one who had those days...Praise Him, the God of Cheesecake!!! He cares so much for us that He even ordained a woman to make your precious stuff and someone at the restaurant to order it JUST for you! What an awesome God!! I love this story!
Post a Comment