It's been a year that Tom has been participating in The Refuge at our church. The Refuge is a special worship service entirely through song. Its awesome! I love praise and worship music. I love worshipping in a room with a hundred other believers. I love the thought that this is just a small glimpse of heaven.
This past Friday night we attended The Refuge at church. Tom once again played the drums for the event. This time it was extra special as Tom's biological mom and her husband as well as my best friend Shawn were able to attend.
This Refuge service focused on missions and the glory of God. Pastor Lou spoke just a bit about the glory of God. He said it is easy to see God's glory in the sunrise, in the sunset, or in the starry night. But he reminded us that God's glory is evident in all of his creation, including in his children. Did you catch that? You and I are the glory of God!
As usual, the music was amazing! Here is just a sampling of some of the songs that were performed. Enjoy!
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Very Cool Cin.....I really like the song Beautiful. I like the picture of the sun and the birds in flight that make a smiley face. Cute..Love Ya Cin Davy
Very Inspirational! I enjoyed the music greatly, especially "Beautiful" and "I'll Follow You". Thanks for sharing Cindy!
Love you,
Brenda
You know I am with you on loving praising God through music! We actually had an entire church service this past weekend that was worshipping God through song, through prayer and silence. It was amazing! I, of course, loved the music!!
I love Phil Wickham!
Thanks for the sweet comment - i HAVE been over to God's Country, just been a lazy commenter!! Sorry - I have missed connecting with you!
Post a Comment